Math 480 Lecture 8
- Reminder that you should hand in homework (remark from Simon)
- Handout new homework (assignment 3) and briefly discuss it
Today: Resources for figuring out how to solve problems using Sage:
- search_doc in Sage: search through the docstrings of all functions in Sage
- search_src in Sage: search the source code of the sage library
- Google! (especially "site:"): I don't know how to teach this, but can demonstrate skills and explain my thinking process.
Python cookbook: http://code.activestate.com/recipes/langs/python/
- Python documentation; tutorial and reference manual
- Cython documentation
- Numpy documentation
- Matlab documentation
Question/answer site: http://ask.sagemath.org
Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/ (lots of QA about Python, Cython, and even Sage there).
Live chat: irc (and how easy it is to get on via java): http://sagemath.org/help-irc.html
- CAS's in Sage: GAP, Singular, PARI, Maxima