Assignment 0, Due 3/31
This first "assignment" is really just a questionnaire. Feel free to give really short answers if you don't have much to say -- it's just our chance to get to know more about you. Not turning anything in says something about you, too -- but not something good. :P
- What are you hoping to get out of this class?
- Have you ever used any math software before? If so, which?
- Is there anything specific you're expecting/hoping to know by the end of this course?
- What other programming languages do you know? ("None whatsoever" is a totally acceptable answer!) If you've programmed before, roughly how many lines of code do you think you've written in your life?
- If you've heard of Python before, is there anything about it you'd like to know more about?
- Had you heard of Sage before seeing the description for this course? If so, where?
Have you ever been working on a math problem and thought, Man, it'd be great if I could use a computer to make this easier. If so, what was the problem?
Name one math problem you've either never been able to solve, or have seen a solution to but it never really clicked. (It doesn't have to have anything to do with computers.)
- If you've programmed before, tell us about the coolest program you've written, or the coolest programming problem you've thought about. (It doesn't have to have anything to do with math.)